It's getting HOT! This transplanted Pacific Northwest girl just MELTS when temps get over 85F. And let's not even talk about humidity! But don't worry; it's nice and cool in the my Stamping Studio as we learned at last night's Stamping Bee Inspiration Night. We had a great time!
Our Stamping Bee Inspiration Nights always begin with dinner and conversation. It's too hot to cook, so we had a Sandwich Bar last night. I provided an assortment of bread and condiments, as well as some homemade egg salad. Everyone was responsible for bringing there favorite "fixin's" for making sandwiches. What fun! Oh...and of course there was some chocolate! I had experimented yesterday morning with a no-bake Snicker's pie. It was Yum-mazing! And I don't even like chocolate or sweets!
Then, after a few team updates and notes from Stampin' Up!, we got down to the business of stamping! We went upstairs to my studio instead of staying in the dining room. It was great! I was really happy to be able to have my team (and class before that) upstairs in my happy place. It was so much more comfortable and I didn't have to run upstairs to get something if I'd forgotten it!
We "Stepped it Up" and made 3 cards using the same basic design, but geared at three very different levels of stamping: beginner, enthusiast, and expert. Then, we made a glitter window card that was a lot of fun. And, Julia surprised us all and and taught us how to use the Textured Embossing Paste. I can't wait to show you how to use that in August's Fixer Upper Class!
We also did some swapping. Wow! The cards this month were terrific We sure have come a long way in our stamping. It was a smaller meeting this month, but everyone participated and had fun sharing their work.
My stamping studio has a full summer calendar for you. With summer heating up, and schedules becoming busier and busier, don't miss out on the terrific Summer Classes and Stamp Camp. Be sure to invite your out of town guests, too! I love having new stampers join us.
Have you Heard?
Click on the image below for more info, or email me today.
Sometimes, life gets in the way. That's how it's felt this week and last night was the first night I've been able to design and create up in my studio. Just two cards in, the Lad asks if I'll go with him and follow the tow truck to the auto repair shop. So, off we went. Here's hoping that his car needs only minor repairs ...and I can have my car back soon!
This Sunday is my Label Me Pretty card class. It's my regular monthly 2nd Sunday class (from 2-4 pm) and I'm always excited because I usually have one or two new people who have never stamped before. It's always so much fun to watch how excited they get the first time they put ink to paper. There's this change that happens and that's where the laughter and fun begins. It's the "Look what I did!" and the "I didn't think I was a crafty person" comments that I love most. I also like getting the emails later that night that say, "My husband couldn't believe that I made that!"
The Label Me Pretty Bundle comes with a stamp set and a punch. I love punches, don't you? So fast and easy to use and store. I like my Big Shot and all the dies, but show me abundle with a punch and it's at the top of my Wish List. I also like that this stamp set is great for just stamping, but also for coloring. I used my Blender Pens to color the bouquet in this pretty Happy Birthday label. Won't that be a fun new technique to learn at this Sunday's class? RSVP to Sunday's class by emailing me today.
Label Me Pretty Bundle
Base: Soft Suede, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Layer 1: Real Red, 4" x 1 1/4"
Layer 2: Whisper White, 3 3/4" x 1"
Layers 3 & 4: Balloon and Poodle die cut from Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper
Have you Heard?
So, I'm just thrilled to say we've booked a flight back to the BC. This time, we're going to spend a whole week on Vancouver Island. We'll spend a day or two on exploring the east side and visiting a friend who lives there, then head over the mountains to Tofino, on the west coast. We were in BC a exactly a year ago, and all our pictures keep popping up in my Facebook feed. Seeing those and knowing we have a trip coming up at the end of August makes the upcoming heat and humidity of the Southern summer almost bearable.
I created the above card as part of my Creating Success swap. I couldn't wait to share it with you. I took all my swaps that I received last week to a class, and had them out at my BOGO sale on Saturday. Every time someone looked at them, this was their #1 favorite! So exciting!
The card doesn't involve any fancy cuts or folds; in fact, the layers are quite simple. What makes this stand out and different from cards I usually make is that it's almost ALL stamping! Let's take a look...
Layer 1: Pool Party: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Layer 2: Whisper White, 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Layer 3: Real Red scrap for Adirondack Chair die cut
Layer 4: Whisper White scrap, stamped in Crushed Curry
and die cut with Lemonade die
- Stamp Layer 2 in Soft Sky with the Watercolor Wash Background Stamp
- Now, work your way from the bottom of the card to the top, stamping as follows:
- Sand (from High Tide Stamp Set) - in Crumb Cake
- Water (from High Tide Stamp Set) - in Pool Party
- Sea Grass (from High Tide Stamp Set) - in Old Olive
- Gulls (from High Tide Stamp Set) - in Basic Gray Archival Ink
- Sentiment (from Colorful Seasons Stamp Set) in Basic Black Archival Ink.
- Adhere Adirondack chair using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- Adhere lemonade with a Mini Stampin' Dimensional.
- Adhere all layers to base.
Have you Heard?
I love HGTV's show Fixer Upper..
I'm so excited to introduce my 3-part Summer Fixer Upper Series. For three months this summer, we'll be exploring Color Theory, Wood Textures, and getting down-and-dirty "spackling" with Embossing Paste.
- June, Wednesday 28th (6:30 pm) - Color Theory (12 cards)
- July, Wednesday 26th (6:30 pm) - Wood Textures (cards & projects)
- August, Wednesday 16th (6:30 pm) - Textured Embossing Paste
- June: Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack, Color Theory Cardstock Pack, and a full pack of Glitter Enamel Dots
- July: Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack, full pack of Neutral Cardstock Pack, full roll of 1/4" Copper Trim
- August: Embossing Paste, 3 Palette Knives, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Silicon Masks, and a Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill.
The June Class (Wednesday, June 28th) will feature the amazing Color Theory Suite, which showcase not only the amazing paint-chip inspired designer series paper, but also the Colorful Seasons Bundle (stamp set and thinlits). We'll be making 12 cards, all built around the Colorful Seasons of the year.
Here's a sneak peak of this colorful and beautiful suite.
There are three ways to get these classes:
- In person: at 6:30 pm on the last Wednesday of the month ($35 includes product + fully prepped class)
- Get the Kit to Go: Same price $35 (+ $7.95 shipping). I'll mail you the packets and email directions the following week.
- Online Directions Only: Receive the printable PDF directions, and video directions by the week after the class. or all the cards with complete supply and shopping lists for only $20.
Have you Heard?
hostess code: 3HVG2V36
Accents & Embellishments
Bags And Boxes
Class To Go
Cruising And Stamping
Designer Series Paper
Framelits & Thinlits
Memories & More
Sale A Bration
Thinking Of You
Tuesday Cruise Day