Until my recent Fixer Upper: Wood Textures Class, I hadn't done any heat embossing for about 6 months. When I first started card making, it was something I did on a regular basis, but as I learned new techniques, such as using watercolor pencils or blending color with blender pens, I just seemed to forget about it. But, there are several sets in the 2017 Catalog that just lend itself to heat embossing.
One set is the Floral Statements stamp set. I love the simplicity of the delicate floral and bold lettering embossed in white embossing powder on theColor Theory ombre paper. Add a bit of ribbon and you've got a quick all-occasion card with a lot of WOW!
This set lends itself well to watercoloring, too. I can't wait to try that out next!
The Stamp! Smile! Repeat! Summer Stamp Camp is almost here! I'm busy checking off my to do lists as we get down to the last minute organizing and packing. Of course, it seems that for every thing I cross off, I add two more!
In the midst of all the camp frenzy, I found myself needing a birthday card! I love how the Memories and More Card Packs can quickly be combined with a little stamping and an embossed background to make a quick and simple card. The font from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set was exactly what I was looking for. Something small and delicate, that wouldn't distract from the other details on the card. This card took just minutes to put together, too, which was really appreciated this week!
Flowers, gems, ombre fades, geometrical prints. This paper is... just Naturally Eclectic! And while at first it may seem like a hodgepodge of prints, you'll see that this variety of patterns allows you to make the prettiest cards with very little stamping.
Did you know, I'm on Instagram? How about Pinterest? Facebook? Email? Follow me on Social and have a Free 4-Card Tutorial sent to your inbox. All you have to do is choose two of the following:
Once you do that, comment below or email me, and I'll send you your free Naturally Eclectic tutorial.
The tutorial is for 4 cards and contains:
Tutorials will be sent via email.
* Stamp set and supplies is not included
Have You Heard?
My flower garden is full of summer blooms! I do not have a green thumb - it's just too much 'nature' for me - but my Hubs loves to grow things and he surrounds our home with beautiful gardens which attract pollinators and hummingbirds. It's so pleasant sitting on the screened porch, safe from all the bugs and mosquitoes, and catch the scent of Star Gazer Lilies and lavender on the breeze.
Today's card tries to capture some of that summertime flower garden. It came together very quickly, using the Petal Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Flirty Flowers Stamp Set. I just got this set last week and couldn't wait to use it!
Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Whisper White Thick Cardstock
Layer 1: Pear Pizzazz, 5 1/4" x 4", embossed with Petal Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Circles: Whisper White, cut with the smallest and 2nd largest Stitched Shapes Framelits, with coordinating layering scallops circles of Wisteria Wonder
- Stamp sentiment in Basic Black and flowers in Wild Wasabi onto Whisper White cardstock. Add a hint of color to the flowers with your Blender Pen. (I used Wisteria Wonder and Melon Mambo ink). Cut out using your Big Shot and the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Adhere to to coordinating scalloped circles in Wisteria Wonder.
- Wrap White Bakers Twine twice around Layer 1 and tie a bow. Adhere to base.
- Adhere circles with dimensionals.
- Add a Melon Mambo Enamel Shape for fun!
Have you heard?
No experience necessary. Come make 4 cards to take home and share with family and friend. Everything is pre-cut and ready for you. I do all the work; you have all the fun! Supply fee of $15 or free with qualified purchase. Email me to RSVP by July 7.
Are you interested in taking this class go go? Email me so I can put you on my list.
Announcing...Part of my Fixer Upper Series: Wood Textures
This Class is $35 and includes your own set of brand new Stampin' Up! products. Classmust be prepaid by the 15th of the month.
- July: Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack, full pack of Neutral Cardstock Pack, full roll of 1/4" Copper Trim
The July Class (Wednesday, June 26th) will not only showcase the amazing life-like Wood Textures inspired designer series paper, but also the Wood Words Bundle, Lovely Friends Stamp Set and At home with You Bundle.
There are three ways to get this class:
- In person: at 6:30 pm on the last Wednesday of the month ($35 includes product + fully prepped class) Click here to RSVP and Prepay by July 15th.
- Get the Kit to Go: Same price $35 (+ $7.95 shipping). I'll mail you the packets and email directions the following week. Click here to RSVP and Prepay by July 15th.
- Online Directions Only: Receive the printable PDF directions, and video directions by the week after the class. Directions are included for all the cards with complete supply and shopping lists for only $20. Click here to purchase.
hostess code: P3WAZ679
Accents & Embellishments
Bags And Boxes
Class To Go
Cruising And Stamping
Designer Series Paper
Framelits & Thinlits
Memories & More
Sale A Bration
Thinking Of You
Tuesday Cruise Day