Why is it, every time I reach for the Flourishing Phrases Bundle, I also reach for my collection of navy and white paper? I've seen it in all colors and it's striking. But to me, this will always show best in these crisp clean, and classic colors found in the Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper.
Too add texture behind the die cut, I used the Timeless Texture Stamp Set to add a random patter (is that an oxymoron), using Basic Gray Archival Ink. To achieve the various shades, I stamped off the ink onto scratch paper first, before stamping on the card stock.
This design was part of a sketch challenge for my Stamping Bee team. I hold a weekly challenge, with a small prize being given to a random winner. Last week, Sarah won a new pack of Urban Underground Washi Tape. I know she's going to put it to good use.
Would you like to play along? Post your creations below - I'd love to see them.
Cutting & Measurement
Base: Night of Navy 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half
Layer 1: Floral Boutique 4 x 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Whisper White 3 3/4" x 4"
Layer 3: Floral Boutique 1" x 4:
Layer 4: Whisper White 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Layer 5: Whisper White Organza Ribbon
Putting it All Together
1. Stamp Timeless Textures in Basic Gray onto Layers 2 & 4. Stamp off ink to add different shades of gray. Stamp sentiment to Layer 4 with Night of Navy ink.
2. Attach die cut with glue dots.
3. Adhere Layers 2 & 4 to Layers 1 & 3.
4. Wrap ribbon around Layer 1 and attach to the back with glue dots.
5. Adhere both layers to card base with Fast Fuse.
6. Finish by adding an organza bow and tiny (3mm) pearls to die.
July Host Code
"All Images © 2018 Stampin’ Up!
This blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and the use of and content of the classes, services, or products offered on the DBWS, personal blog, website, or other Internet medium is not endorsed by Stampin’ Up!"