Birthday's call for something extra special. And a fun fold, like a quick and easy gate fold card, is a great place to start. I love the addition of a belly band, or belt on this card, too. The band slides off, and the card opens like a special present.
I'm really trying to build up my collection of masculine birthday cards and the Carried Away paper with the Lift Me Up bundle is the perfect combination. Stampin' Up! really thought of everything when they created this perfect combination.
*Cutting & Measurement:
Base: Night of Navy 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" , Scored at 2 3/8" on either side.
Panel Layers: Carried Away Designer Series Paper 5 3/8" x 2 1/8"
Band: Whisper White 9 1/2" x 1 1/4"
Inside Panel: Whisper White 5" x 3 3/4"
Putting it All Together
1. Adhere panels to the card base. I like to use Tombow Liquid Glue in case I need to make any last minute placement adjustments.
2. Stamp inside panel and adhere with Fast Fuse.
3. Burnish the score lines with your bone folder.
4. Wrap band around the card, using your bone folder to crease the edges. Adhere back tabs together with fast fuse.
5. Add hot air balloon, or other focal point onto the band using dimensionals.
*This special gate fold fits inside a standard A2 envelope.
June Host Code
"All Images © 2017 Stampin’ Up!
This blog is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and the use of and content of the classes, services, or products offered on the DBWS, personal blog, website, or other Internet medium is not endorsed by Stampin’ Up!"