The first few summers we lived in North Carolina, the Hubs planted corn. And every year, the squirrels would wait until it was just ripe, and then decimate the whole crop. We tried scarecrows, but the silly squirrels laughed in their animated little faces. We still put up some scarecrows in the fall, but we've long given up on harvesting any of our own corn.
This little scarecrow seems to do a better job at tricks and treats than he does at scaring off any crows. Made with the Cookie Cutter Halloween Stamp Set and coordinating punch, with a tree from the Thoughtful Branches thinlits. Nothing spooky about him; he's just too cute! The background in stamped three different stamps from the Timeless Textures set.
The Cookie Cutter Halloween stamps and punch are available from September 1, through December 31, but the Thoughtful Branches is only available through August 31 (or while supplies last). Contact me to get yours today.
Base: Smokey Slate
Layer 1: Whisper White 5 1/4" x 4"
Layer 2: Basic Black tree (from Thoughtful Branches thinlits)
Stamps: Timeless Textures, Cookie Cutter Halloween
Ink: Smokey Slate, Crushed Curry, Peekaboo Peach, Basic Black
Accents: Stampin' Write Markers
Tools: Thoughtful Branches thinlits, Big Shot, Cookie Cutter Punch
Adhesive: Fast Fuse, Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Stamp Timeless Textures background in Smokey Slate and Crushed Curry to layer 1.
2. Stamp scarecrow in Basic Black and punch out. Color as desired with markers. Stamp crow in Basic Black and hand cut. Color with markers. Stamp "Boo" in Peekaboo Peach onto small scrap of Whisper White.
3. Adhere tree to layer 1 with dimensionals (cut in half.) Add crow with a dimensional.
4. Stamp Trick or Treat basket in Basic Black directly onto Layer 1 and color with markers. Adhere scarecrow and sentiment with dimensionals.
4. Adhere layer 1 to card base.